We are a small rabbitry located in NWA Arkansas. We raise and breed Silver Fox Rabbits for show, breeding stock and meat. Our rabbitry includes 3 of the Silver Fox colors (Black, Blue, White). We are members of The American Rabbit Breeders Association (NRBA) and The National Silver Fox Rabbit Club (NSFRC).
Our rabbits are calm from being frequently handled, and we can provide you with a pedigreed breeding stock to kick-start or enhance your own Rabbitry or homestead. We have one herd with two separate breeding lines, one to produce show quality rabbits that are black with even silvering and the other which produces additional breed colors including the black, blue or white.
Silver Fox rabbits are a large breed that has been around since the 1920’s and can reach a weight of 9-11 lbs for senior bucks and 10-12 lbs for senior does. This breed is a beautiful rabbit, which stands apart from other breeds. It was the first large breed produced that dressed out at 65% of its live weight. Does have large litters, produce plenty of milk, are excellent mothers, and make wonderful foster mothers. The young are born either solid black, blue, chocolate or lilac (white) and begin to show silvering of their fur at about 4 weeks. The silvering process takes 4 months to complete. The fur is one of the most attractive and unusual features of the breed. It is extremely dense and 1 1/2 to 2 inches in length. When the fur is stroked from tail to head, it will stand straight up until stroked in the opposite direction.
We have litters available almost all the time so send an email or message me on Facebook.
Facebook: Still Waters Rabbitry
Thank you for your interest in the Silver Fox Rabbit Breed. Please take a moment to read the below rabbitry practices.
- Pet quality means without papers, this type is generally cheaper as it either has a DQ or it is not suitable for breeding.
- Brood Quality means the rabbit is suitable for breeding but might be a maximum weight or have a DQ that doesn’t effect breeding like a missing toenail, or fault.
- Show quality means it is the highest quality animal the breeder has and either will retain it for breeding or Sell it for the highest price.
Picking out your Rabbit
- We reserve the right to refuse any sales. If we terminate the sale for any reason, we will refund 100% of your deposit.
- We prefer cash for deposit and purchase of the rabbits
- Currently we will NOT ship rabbits but we are willing to arrange transport if possible
- No rabbit will be sold before 8 weeks of age to ensure the health of the rabbit
- If you are asked to make a 50% deposit to hold a rabbit, it is non-refundable unless we choose to terminate the sale
- We are a “Closed” Rabbitry – meaning we do not allow visitors to walk through our barn unless invited to, please do not take offense
- If at any time you can no longer care for the rabbit you purchased from us, we will take the rabbit back with no reimbursement
I will do my best to pick out and match you with your perfect rabbit whether for pet, breeding, or show. I will give you my personal opinion about their type and personality. However I have no control over and cannot guarantee fertility, although I am honest when I say a rabbit is a proven breeder. Those sold as a junior are not guaranteed showing outcomes. I cannot guarantee fertility, show outcomes, personality, or development of a rabbit sold, especially of a junior. I DO guarantee that my rabbits are free of health problems at time of sale. They all come with pedigrees, and containers of food to help them adjust their diets. All my bunnies are handled since birth. I do not sell bad natured animals, so you can expect my rabbits to be friendly, even with children. I determine the sex my own rabbits, so if I make a mistake, remember that it’s human to do so and return it for the proper gender if there are any issues. If your rabbit somehow gets hurt or dies within 3 days of purchase (and you can prove my rabbitry is the sole cause), I will exchange the body/rabbit for one of equal quality. If one isn’t available, I will give you the next one available.
What I ask of you as a consumer
It is YOUR responsibility to double check for teeth, sex, nose, ears, nails, and any other possible signs of sickness. Basically, check the rabbit over. If your rabbit dies or becomes sick within 3 days of purchase, you need to bring the body back & prove that it died from my rabbitry by a vet. I will NOT cover ANY vet bills. Please notify me if you decide you are not buying a rabbit you were seriously interested in and email me about it so I can be sure to let others know.
Please read Transitioning a rabbit to new home for further methods in assisting in reducing stress in the home move.
We want you to be happy with your rabbit and are willing to answer any questions or concerns you may have. Keep in touch.